Sunday 18 March 2012

The Hunger Games

There's been a huge amount of hype about this series recently since it's been made into a very big film, so I decided that it was worth downloading onto my kindle.

And I think I'm getting addicted.

The main character Katniss is strong, a little bit sassy and sticks her fingers up to society (well, not openly). What I like about her is that she has flaws, she's bitter, but tough. Who wouldn't be in that sort of world? And the sense of televising such a brutal show where young people kill each other, well it if we did Big Brother in the same way, it would be a helluva lot more interesting than it is now. It would also help cull some of the stupidity in this country too.

I'm only at Chapter Three, but I'm looking forward to where this will go. Might even go see the film when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment