Tuesday 30 October 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012

Ten days ago I turned 23. I am two years away from being a quarter of a century on this earth. Dear god let's make next year a good one. I had a bit of a wobbly in the kitchen last night when nothing was going right. I had a Gordon Ramsey moment of swearing (not as fun as it sounds, but very cathartic) and said something along to lines to my mum about how I can't get a proper job. She replied, 'try harder'. Which is totally true. If at first you don't succeed, go on a reality TV show.

I have my novel roughly planned. since it's based on a fairy tale (with a lot of artistic license), I'm ready to approach this year's challenge with some actual gusto. It's a good way to train myself into writing, and rediscover the fun you can have in the process.

Rules for myself.

If I'm watching TV, then I'm can write. If I'm honest there is very little TV I really enjoy watching, it's just background noise for me most nights.

Not to beat myself up if I don't make the min word count.

It's all fun and the spirit of month.

Not to think too hard about the past of the writing, but to carry forward like a charging rhino.

and also try very very very hard not to buy a netbook or ipad mini until I've at least paid off a credit card or saved up the money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment