Saturday 3 November 2012

NaNoWriMo Day #3

Progress is underway for today's target of 1667 words, I aim to go over a bit everyday. I do have a small buffer of words but it does feel dishonest to use them at this point in time. They're only quick sketches of scenes I'll add in when I need them, and probably expand them too.

It's always hard finding the feet of a new main character. My girl Evara is a mix of headstrong and a bit laid back. I suppose she needs to harden up a bit after getting away from the evil stepmother! 

What I'm loving about the spirit of NaNoWriMo (this year I've really got into it) is that I'm wanting to write, the challenge is exciting, it's daring me to succeed. I recently took on part time job (only two mornings a week) and it is hard work, but quite enjoyable. I come away feeling I've done good but achieved very little as the house will no doubt be a mess when I next go back! It's good pay, but the family make sure they get what they pay for. Today I worked from 8am -2pm, and didn't stop the whole time but for a quick tea break. I'd also been working the night before until 12:30 pm, and normally after a long couple days I'd crawl home into bed and sleep. But today I got on my laptop and actually wrote a bit! I am taking advantage of the pub being totally dead tonight (being bonfire night) but I am achieving my word count each day so far. 

Feels good to be back in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment