Friday 5 July 2013

When best laid plans go wrong

My postman is a lovely chap, he'll actually call my flat and bring my parcel up to me, sometimes up four flights of stairs. You don't get service like that very often. I think they must just enjoy ringing my flat, scaring the living daylights out of me. I have to hastily roll out of bed, don the nearest garment at hand and open the door to them looking squinty eyed and a bit messy. I'm sure they have funnier stories to tell of the state people are in.  I really much stop ordering stuff on eBay if I want to have a lie in more than once a month, but this item was worth it.

The item I purchased I was really excited about. A manual typewriter, that beautiful, noisy thing I was hoping would bring my writing to new heights. 

Except the bloody space bar doesn't work, and writing on it feels like I'm trying to operate some heavy machinery, it feels akin to trying to drive a crane with lots of levers to push and pull. Heck I'm sure I was pedalling with my feet on some imaginary brake too. I've had to open a case on eBay to see if I can get my money back. 

Back to the laptop in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment